The toddler classroom establishes and follows a consistent, yet flexible, daily routine based on developmentally appropriate practices and the individual needs of each child in the group. Daily schedules and weekly lesson plans are visibly posted in each classroom.
The toddler classroom utilizes the following:
- Iowa Early Learning Standards: Descriptions of the knowledge, behaviors, and skills that children from birth through age five may demonstrate; they provide a strong developmental foundation that aligns with the Iowa Core (K-12).
- Creative Curriculum is a Department of Education endorsed early childhood teaching framework. Creative Curriculum is based on the accepted theories of child development and supports our philosophy that children learn best through active learning.
- Second Step (Pre K/ECC) is designed to promote social competences and reduce social and emotional problems by teaching children skills in the core areas of empathy, emotion management (impulse control, emotional regulation, anger management), and problem solving. The goal is to promote a caring classroom community but also to foster children’s lifelong learning to become healthy, responsible, and productive members of society
- Teaching Strategies GOLD is the official assessment of the infant classroom.
- Gold focuses on 38 research based objectives for development and learning. Gold Allows teachers to collect evidence through observation, portfolios, partnering with parents, and interactions to identify where a child is at in their development and where they are going. Teachers are able to individualize learning for the children in their care and use this information to plan an environment and activities to help in the development of the whole child. All student data will be entered on to Gold online in the fall, winter, and spring.
If you are interested in enrolling your child at ECC, please complete the ECC Wait List Application.